Monday, May 24, 2010

Finally made a blog

I'm guessing it's difficult for everybody to begin a blog. What do you want to know?

I am leaving in 2 days and will begin hiking north from Harper's Ferry, WV in 3.
I am past the romance phase, now I am only anxious to begin.
I am sick of camping gear and map planning.
I can't decide which books to bring.
I don't want to hear about any more abductions, hypothermia cases, bears, creepy men, etc. documented on the A.T.
I did like Bill Bryson's book though.
I am aware that my hopes for this hike are too high.
The longer I am home here with people I love, the lonelier I feel about these coming months.
I am armed with pepper spray, a pocket knife, and Rainer Maria Rilke.

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to start quoting your blog to everyone! Have fun on your trip, sista!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go Julia!! I am thrilled for you!!!

    ReplyDelete